- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- reduced muscle tension
- improved respiration, energy and vitality
- cardio and circulatory health
- better posture and stability for the spine
- improved athletic performance
- protection from injury
- increased body awareness
- stress release
- helps with anxiety and depression
- promotes relaxation
- boosts memory and improves concentration
- helps you build confidence
- helps cultivate a harmonious relationship to self and others
- encourages the practice of self-love and self-care through acceptance and non-judgement
yes, we were all beginners once and everyone can benefit from starting a yoga practice. the yoga studio offers a variety of yoga classes that will benefit newcomers.
yoga is a physical practice benefiting the mind, body and spirit. when we practice yoga, we journey inside of ourselves. yoga practice is personal and everyone will look and feel a little differently in the poses.
- always listen and respect your body.
- practice in a mindful and compassionate way.
- rest and modify the poses as often as needed.
- you, not your teachers, are the most important guide in your practice.
- sign in at the front desk prior to class or pre-register online.
- arrive early if possible; check-in begins approximately 15 minutes before class.
- avoid entering class once it has started.
- remove your shoes.
- enter quietly.
- silence or turn off cell phones.
- practice quietly, connecting to the sound of your breath, and be respectful of your teacher and other students.
- put away mats and props after use and wipe down the mat with our mat cleaner.
community yoga mats and a variety of props are available for your use at no additional charge. if you have your own mat, we recommend you bring it with you. we also have mats available for purchase at our retail boutique. the elevation, aerial yoga, requires that you bring a yoga mat and grippy socks. mats are available for borrowing and socks are available for sale at the yoga studio.
please consult your physician prior to practicing yoga if you have concerns. Also, inform your teacher of your condition prior to class so they can guide you in the safest, most beneficial way possible.
you’ll want to have water and stay well hydrated. For hot yoga, an absorbent towel is suggested. We do have everything you need for sale in our retail boutique, including water bottles and sticky socks for aerial yoga. Mats and props are available for your use at no charge.
clothing suggestions vary slightly by the class but the general rule of thumb is comfortable, fitted clothing, wicking if possible, that won’t get in your way, bind you or fall over your head. During hot yoga, you will sweat, a lot, so dress as light as possible in breathable fabrics. For aerial yoga, leggings, long sleeves and sticky toe socks are suggested.